jeri M Qzg

| map-marker Auburn, California

False advertising

Open Nature - False advertising

Hello Customer Service,

When it's almost impossible to satisfy a longing for a good piece of chocolate cake, because of celiac disease, I was delighted when I saw your cake mix. We're having company tomorrow, so I thought I'd treat everyone to a chocolate cake for dessert, including myself.

A few minutes ago, I pulled the box down from the pantry, preheated the oven, and started reading through the directions and ingredients I would need.

Lo and behold, although the photo on the box shows a delicious-looking double layer cake, down in the fine print, it says this box only makes ONE layer. What? Would you serve only half a cake to anyone yourself? I think not.

Prices are going through the roof, I understand.

I don't like it, but I understand. However, if you're going to show a double layer cake on the box, the expectation is that the mix will produce those results.

I pay more for gluten-free foods. If it costs more to provide a mix for a normal-sized cake, well then raise the price, but DO NOT mislead folks like this. Now, I must go back to the store to buy yet another box of mix, just so I can (hopefully) serve a decent chocolate cake to guests tomorrow.

All things considered, if I have any other choice in the future, it won't be this brand.

Fool me once, lesson learned. Fool me twice, and I'm the fool.

Not a happy camper,

Jeri

Cons:
  • False advertising - photo on box is not what is inside

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Always read the fine print, and don't buy from companies who use false advertizing.

map-marker Alameda, California

Actual weight vs advertised weight

Open Nature - Actual weight vs advertised weight

Subject: Complaint Regarding Misleading Product Packaging

Dear Open Nature Food Company,

I am writing to express my disappointment and frustration regarding a recent purchase of your bacon product. As a consumer rights advocate, it is concerning to encounter discrepancies between the advertised weight on the packaging and the actual weight of the product.

Upon purchasing a package of Open Nature bacon, I was dismayed to find that the weight of the bacon, including the packaging, amounted to only 8 ounces, significantly less than the advertised 12 ounces.

This inconsistency is unacceptable and undermines the trust consumers place in your brand.

Misleading consumers about the quantity of a product is a violation of consumer rights and unethical business practice. Not only does it result in financial loss for the consumer, but it also damages the reputation of your company.

Furthermore, inaccurate product labeling can have serious consequences beyond mere inconvenience.

For individuals who rely on precise measurements for dietary or health reasons, such discrepancies can lead to unintended consequences and potential harm.

I have attached a photo clearly illustrating the weight of the bacon on my scale, highlighting the significant difference between the actual weight and the weight stated on the packaging.

As a responsible and ethical company, I urge Open Nature Food to take immediate action to rectify this issue. This includes updating packaging labels to accurately reflect the weight of the product and implementing quality control measures to prevent similar occurrences in the future.

In addition, I kindly request compensation for the misrepresented product and assurance that steps will be taken to prevent such discrepancies in the future.

I trust that Open Nature Food Company will address this matter promptly and uphold its commitment to transparency and consumer satisfaction.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

[Your Name]

User's recommendation: Demand company to provide the product as advertised on packaging.

Kati G Eyb
map-marker Los Angeles, California

Missing giblets

Open Nature - Missing giblets
Your ending had THE GALL TO RECOMMEND PISSED?! WHAT COMPANY ARE YOU TRYING TO REPRESENT?! SHEESH!!! BLAHHHHH

User's recommendation: Nope

Kati G Eyb

Missing giblets

You need to STOP SAYING YOUR CHICKENS HAVE GIBLETS, WHEN THEY DON'T...and you might want to school your operators what GIBLETS are, since mine didn't!
Loss:
Pros:
  • Your chickens are very good
Cons:
  • Stop saying there are giblets in them

Preferred solution: Full refund

map-marker Sunnyvale, California

Smooth and Creamy Dairy-Free Coconut Alternative

First, I commend Open Nature on a dairy-free yogurt product that is indeed smooth and creamy. And tasty!

That is not easy to pull off. And it has a decent amount of fat to fill one, no sugar and a low carb content of 9 g.

What I cannot understand why they did not add a calcium ingredient - unlike their Soy Delicious Dairy Free Coconut yogurt competitor, which has 360 mg of calcium. Perhaps they think it would change the taste or consistency somehow of their formulas, but more likely, it is a cost savings to them. And they don't care that customers will have to go elsewhere to supplement their calcium sources.

Please add this!

For people who are sensitive to dairy, and have low bone density, it would be great if the company would consider their audiences more. I am not "pissed off", just disappointed.

Beverly M Rxh

I love this litter just can’t find any. I ordered something different, it’s ok but don’t want to stick with it. Would like to know when this grass seed litter will be available again.

There is no litter to buy anywhere. This has worked great for my kitties.Ive used it for along time , theres no smell. It lasts longer and doesnt get powder everywhere. Its natural which is great, not heavy. I ordered one similar but the smell is bad when I scoop. Dont get us used to great stuff than quit putting it out there.
Pros:
  • Great litter

Preferred solution: Some litter lol in the stores

User's recommendation: This litter is great. Don’t mind the price of something works

map-marker Santa Cruz, California

The customer service representative was excellent.

Tried to find where Open Nature lavender scented dish soap was sold. All Safeway stores in my area were out. The Service Rep was able to find a store fairly close to me that had this product.

User's recommendation: Love Open Nature LAVENDER scrented dish soap.

map-marker Fall River, Massachusetts

Dairy free yogurt

I found something in the middle of one of their yogurts, not sure what it was or how it got in there but it looked like a lifesaver. It was white all around and green in the middle and soft from being in the yogurt. I took pictures of it and the container. When I spoke with customer service they have me a refund for the item. I thought I'd get more than just a refund considering what I found in it. The rest of the yogurts went into the garbage and I'm not comfortable with buying this product again.

User's recommendation: Observe your items carefully before eating

Dalila Eec
map-marker Bellevue, Washington

Open Nature Dog Food by the case?

My service dog has food allergies, and the high quality of Open Nature dog food products have kept me from having to spend tons of money on prescription dog food. But when I travel with her, thats where the problem comes in!

Open Nature is not available mail order, and while my local store can order it for me by the case, they cant ship it to my destination. I can either pay a ridiculous amount to ship it myself, or lug it on the plane and pay for a suitcase full of dog food - which is also costly. Neither is easily accomplished by someone who is disabled.

Chewy used to carry it, but not any more. I guess I will have to research another brand for my allergic pup, and find one that is widely available nationwide.

Guest

FYI - I don’t know why Pissed Consumer put my location as Belleview, Washington! I’m in the Midwest!

Marisol Byp

I will never go to the Krystal’s on highway 90 and government st in mobile the employee and manager attitude so rude on top of serving cold food

View more comments (1)
map-marker Los Angeles, California

Open nature vanilla Greek yogurt

Just to save a couple of dollars, since food prices have risen so dramatically, I unfortunately chose your product for my morning smoothies. My usual product is Dannon light & fit Greek vanilla which tastes amazing. Your product tastes nasty! Talk about pennywise and pound foolish! I should have spent the extra couple of dollars to get the better product! Live and learn!

User's recommendation: Spend the extra couple of dollars for the better product

Anne F Jti

Notice of unsafe product

I recently bought Open Nature Key West Pink Shrimp Lot# 202****. Once I thawed it and tasted the shrimp, I knew there was something very wrong. It was mushy/mealy and had no flavor. In my experience, I would guess that somewhere in transit, the product was thawed and then refrozen. I'm not asking for a refund as I can't prove I bought this item. I'm just concerned that the lot from which my shrimp came is potentially tainted. This is a health issue. The company and its host stores need to be aware of this situation. Anne Floyd 35 Rd. 3649 Aztec, NM 87410
Loss:
Pros:
  • Products i have gotten in the past were of good quality
Cons:
  • Shipping or storing issue i have just submitted

Preferred solution: Just an acknowledgment that the company is aware of the dangers of tainted food products.

Brenda S Bma

Verified Reviewer

Directions on quantity of liquid pods to use.

The Customer Service person, Glenn, was excellent. He went above & beyond to find an answer to my question re the instructions for use of the liquid packets of detergent. NOWHERE on the packaging was it noted what amount of the product to use in any given size of a load of laundry. Glenn was bright enough to check on what Tide recommended for their similar product.

Preferred solution: I'd like to see a change in their packaging to reflect instructions.

User's recommendation: Do not purchase this product if you don't find quatity of packets to use per load exhibited on the package. ck

Renee W Mgv

| map-marker Portland, Oregon

Unusable product

The bags rip. 3 in a row today alone. Can't use if they can't stand up to compost. Will not purchase again.

User's recommendation: Don't buy. You are wasting your money.

Marla S Aaf
map-marker Walnut Creek, California

Substandard Product and Ability to Contact the Company

Over the past year, I have purchased Open Nature Pita chips, and upon each occasion, the chips were so broken up that I was unable to serve them. The first time I attributed it to the store's poor handling of the product, but the last two times I was met with the same mess.

The chips were so badly broken that they were unusable.

I will certainly never buy this product again, and will avoid other Open Nature Products. I definitely don't want anything from you, as your products are clearly not not worthy of my time or money, but thought I would let you know that customers continue to be dissatisfied, so that you have the opportunity to work on your product quality.

Contacting Open Nature is also, not an easy task.

Your company has left a very bad impression, and I will surely pass that sentiment on to family and friends, so they don't have to experience the same disappointment ( and rush to get another product to serve) that I did.

Loss:

Preferred solution: Nothing. I just want you to be aware that your product is a total rip off and a waste of consumer money.

User's recommendation: Avoid Open Nature Products

Lui D

| map-marker Newark, New Jersey

How can Open Nature advertise a pizza, but seriously skimp out on a major ingredient?

Hi. I purchased the Open Nature chicken and kale broccoli crust pizza.

A photo of same was taken, showing only 6 tiny pieces of chicken placed on the outer edge of the pizza pie. Open Nature is selling these pizzas at prices that are not exactly inexpensive.

However, despite making good profit for each pie, the company is being cheap with the quantity of chicken and cheating it’s consumers. Please let me know where I can forward the photo and advise whether Open Nature will be correcting this.

Brands Related to Open Nature

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article